The SNCR Symposium will feature our Fellows' latest research on the latest advancements in new media and communications and their effect on business and media models, culture and society.
Featured presentations will include:
* Social Media Adoption Trends Among the Fortune 500, Inc. 500, Higher Education and Charities by Dr. Nora Ganim Barnes, PhD, SNCR Sr. Fellow
* Social Media Goes Multi-Platform by SNCR Senior Fellow Paul Gillin
* Work-in-Progress Preview Presentation: Measuring Awareness, Attitudes & Perceptions About Augmented Reality by John C. Havens, Porter Novelli, 2010 SNCR Fellow
* Update on the c3 Interactive TV Project with Kate McCallum, co-founder c3 and 2010 SNCR Fellow
* New Communications Behind the Firewall by Francesca Karpel, NetApp, 2010 SNCR Fellow
* The Hyper-Social Organization: Findings from the 3rd Annual Tribalization of Business Study by Francois Gossieaux, Co-founder & Partner, Human 1.0, Sr. SNCR Fellow and Board Member
* Rising to Stardom: An Empirical Investigation of the Diffusion of User-generated Content by Yuping Liu-Thompkins, Ph.D.,
* Histories of Social Media by SNCR Senior Fellow Jonathan Salem Baskin
* Social Media: Communications Service Provider Perspectives on the Opportunity & Threat to Their Businesses by SNCR Senior Fellow David Strom & Jeff Edlund, HP
* The Double Bottom Line (2BL): How to Do Big Business by Doing Good by Beth Kanter & Kami Huyse Zoetica Media, 2010 Fellows
* Findings from the Intuit 2020 Report by Carolyn Ockels, Partner, Emergent Research, SNCR Sr. Fellow
* What’s the Story with Online Video? by Kathy Klotz-Guest MA, MBA, MLA, SNCR Founding Fellow and Board Member
* Enterprise 2.0 with Jacob Morgan, 2010 Fellow
* Getting a Good Handle on New Communications with Michael Kelly, CEO Techtel Corporation, SNCR Sr. Fellow
And, join us for the
Excellence in New Communications Excellence Awards Dinner & Gala
Friday, November 5th at 6pm - 10pm
Stanford Park Hotel
Table sponsorships still available for only $800!
(includes 6 tickets)
Join us at the beautiful and elegant Stanford Park Hotel to honor the 2010 SNCR Fellows Choice Award winners for the Visionary of the Year, Innovator of the Year, Brand of the Year and Humanitarian of the Year as part of the SNCR Excellence in New Communications Awards program.
These prestigious awards honor organizations and individuals for their notable impact on business, media, culture and society through the use of new communications and social media tools and technologies.
The 2010 SNCR Fellows Choice Award honorees are:
· Brand of the Year: Old Spice, for the highly successful social media campaign conducted in conjunction with Weiden + Kennedy that re-energized this 70-year-old brand for a new generation and a new female audience
· Innovation of the Year: Foursquare, for its mobile application that makes cities easier to use and more interesting to explore. Foursquare is a friend-finder, a social city guide and a game that challenges users to experience new things, and rewards them for doing so.
· Visionaries of the Year: Foursquare co-founders Dennis Crowley and Naveen Selvadurai for developing a mobile application that connects people to each other in new ways.
· Humanitarian of the Year: Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), For their effective use of social media tools and technologies such as blogs, Twitter and online video, to raise awareness and support for its mission of providing aid in nearly 60 countries.
The SNCR Fellows Choice Award recipients will be honored at the 5th Annual Society for New Communications Research Symposium & Awards Gala, which will be held in Stanford, CA.
This event will also feature the presentation of the 2010 SNCR Excellence in New Communications Awards. These prestigious awards honor the innovative use of social media and new communications tools and technologies.
For more information and to register to attend this event, visit http://sncr.org/awards/
SNCR Symposium - Stanford University, Stanford, CA
November 4th - 5th, 2010
8:30am - 4:30pm - SNCR Research Symposium, Stanford University
5:00pm - 6:00pm - Wine Reception, Stanford Park Hotel
8:30am - 4:00pm - SNCR Research Symposium, Stanford University
6:00pm - 10:00pm - SNCR Excellence in New Communications Awards & 5th Anniversary Gala
Check out the full program agenda and detailed session descriptions.