• providing a place for local communities and organizations to connect and network
• sharing information about healthy, creative, conscious, and sustainable living
• empowering and developing local community and economy
• encouraging interdependence/collaboration between individuals and organizations
Our mission is to empower the Austin community and accelerate development of local economy. The Fest will feature Austin-based organizations and artists creating a healthy, creative, conscious, and sustainable local culture. We believe real change comes when well informed individuals confront their responsibility to develop well informed masses. Together we will transform what is.
Start your Sunday with guided meditation, breathing, and yoga from 12pm-1pm. See schedule.
* Katy Levitt from Sustainable Food Center – Development of Farmer’s Markets, Community Gardens, Spread the Harvest, and other projects.
* Arttemis Keszainn from New Earth Center – Conscious Language: Creating Conscious Communities ONE word at a time
* David McCully from Evolver Austin – Energetics and importance of community, building a culture based on ecological values and creative collaboration.
* John Edwards from Urban Patchwork Neighborhood Farms – Urban farms, CSAs, and ideas for developing communities
* Chris Pearson of DIYthemes - Your abundant potential with proper use of technology, start your website now
* Tracer Wurble on Community Development - Ideas for creating cooperative sustainable communities one neighborhood at a time
* Brian Boitman of Acts of Sharing – Sharing economy and smart consumption among Austinites, save money and live more sustainably by living together
* Desiree Scorcelletti from Warriors in the Dream - Consciousness rEvolution, planetary citizenry, psychospiritual transformation : Why this is the most exciting time to be alive and what the past has to tell us about our future
Local Organizations sharing all day:
* Sustainable Food Center - cultivating a healthy community by strengthening the local food system
* Go Local Austin – promoting local businesses everywhere
* New Earth Center - Superconscious living
* EcoSteve – Inspiration for progress & “I keep Austin weird” tees
* The S.H.I.R.E. Institute – Sustainable Habitats Incorporating Renewable Education
* Deep Green Austin – a radical critique and response to our ecological crisis
* Ashram 5 Monks – consciousness, Kirtan, Bhakti yoga
* Scene Machine - community owned and operated art/performance label and venue management cooperative
* Creation Flame – meditation, art, healing, and eco-friendly open source construction
* Dois El Gato Tees -unique conscientious t-shirts for unique conscientious creatures
* Community Cultivators – Helping individuals realize the abundant potential of community through the cultivation of ~ mind, body and soil
* Backyard Transfarmers – Connecting the dots for urban farming – Aquaponics research and development
* Zeitgeist Texas – information on moving forward with renewable energy, vertical farms, and open source systems
* A Million Hits Towards Love – Joshua Loker and friends to share about “A Year of Love”
*Limited space available for visual arts, live art, crafts, creatives – If you are interested in showing your work email email@example.com
Local Food Vendors:
* Tacodeli Tacos
* New Earth Center
* Happy Vegan Baker
* More to come….
* AcroGYM – Acroyoga workshop, by Mateo Daniel
* Sacred Geometry Artistry workshop, by Phillip Anthony Suarez
* Kundalini aroma yoga , by Peter James Craig
* Therapeutic-grade essential oils workshop, Judy De La Rosa
* Grow your own organic microgreens, by Andy Howell, Micro Meadows Farm
* Hula Hooper workshop, by Hennakim
* Canvas Painting workshop, live painting, art, by Ilya Starla
* Natural Building, John & Kindra Clays and Straw
* Breathe, Eat, Dance, Evolve, by Maya Adjani
* Bhakti Yoga, San Antonio Ashram 5 Monks
Art & Activities:
* Art and henna work, by Kristin Noelle
* Sidewalk Mural Live Art, by Kimchi
* hoops, poi, and henna, by Hennakim
* Art and creative flow, by Thoricatha
* Community Cultivators mini aquaponics display
* DIY juices and smoothies, bringing in the RAW
* Live art and body painting
* Kiddie pools to keep you cool
**Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in guiding an activity or workshop.
Suggested $5 donation will go toward LoveATX efforts and event costs. No one will be turned away.
We encourage the formation of 'Austin Local' collaborative projects at this event. LoveATX will have a follow-up event on September 11th, and will feature the development of projects, providing the opportunity to gain further support.
The Interdependence season begins on July 4th, aka U.S. Independence Day, and ends on September 12th, Interdependence Day (as recognized by The Interdependence Movement).
As we mature, life encourages us to bring the healthy individuality (which we developed through our independence) into relationships and networks which involve a lot of healthy interdependence. We use words like mutuality, community and synergy to describe this good kind of interdependence.
Nature is a great model of interdependence. Today you, like me, are breathing hundreds of gallons of invisible oxygen, a gift from our plant kin, to whom we return hundreds of gallons of that stuffy carbon dioxide that they love so much (thank heavens for diversity!). Meanwhile the flowers are gifting nectar to the bees, who return the favor by pollinating the flowers.
But interdependence is social, as well. As technology, rising oil prices, and population growth bring us all to each other's doorsteps, and as the globalization of economic, political and ecological factors (and occasional disasters) have woven our destinies ever-more-tightly together, more people are waking up to the fact that we are interdependent whether we like it or not..
It seems that the world is trying to tell us something. Perhaps it hopes that demonstrating our INTRINSIC interdependence will stimulate us to CONSCIOUSLY CO-CREATE POSITIVE FORMS OF INTERDEPENDENCE -- mutuality, community, synergy and co-intelligence.