Social media and the internet has dramatically changed how businesses and organizations market themselves. No longer is broadcasting your message an effective way to attract customers. The social web is driven by content and conversations. Businesses are having to become content publishers and trusted resources. Gone are the marketing monologues of the past. A rich dialogue between customers and b... [read more]
Social media and the internet has dramatically changed how businesses and organizations market themselves. No longer is broadcasting your message an effective way to attract customers. The social web is driven by content and conversations. Businesses are having to become content publishers and trusted resources. Gone are the marketing monologues of the past. A rich dialogue between customers and brands has replaced it. Although social networks like Facebook and Twitter garner much of the attention in the marketing world, your blog is a powerful hub that ties your online social presences together.
Attend this hands on evening workshop presented by Adam Helweh, CEO of Secret Sushi Creative, to understand the role blogging plays in your marketing & communications efforts. Additional emphasis will be placed on how to effectively use your time and resources to maximize your blogging efforts in a business context. Seating is limited. This event is hosted by CINA.
Overview of what you will learn:
• How blogging fits into your existing marketing efforts
• Picking the perfect blogging platform for your needs
• Set up a blog and optimize it for social media and SEO
• Blogging strategies and best practices for b2b and b2c businesses
• How to promote your blog and generate traffic
• Power tips to generate blog post ideas and create an editorial calendar
• How to customize your blog with original templates
Some of the benefits of blogging:
• Increases your online exposure
• Benefits of solo bloggers versus teams
• It's closely connected with your existing web site
• Attract inbound traffic from search engines and social networks
• It acts as a social hub for your existing web site and social networks
• Highly brand-able environment where you can control the experience
• Helps position you as a trusted resource or subject matter expert to your audience
• It's a multimedia platform that supports audio, video, images as well as text.
Who should attend this event:
• Marketing professionals
• Business owners
• Aspiring Social Media Professionals
• Digital Marketing Professionals
Please join this hands-on workshop and learn about blogging from an industry expert. Similar workshops have been priced at as much as $1000. Seating is limited.
Door open at 6:00pm. Workshop shall begin promptly at 6:30pm.
About the instructor Adam Helweh:
Adam is a digital marketer, social media consultant, interactive designer, technologist and the CEO of Secret Sushi Creative a digital marketing and social media company. At Secret Sushi he has worked with such companies as Edelman, Broadcom, Stanford Federal Credit Union, the Thomas Keller Restaurant Group as well as a many small and medium sized businesses.
Adam is also a regular author on the top ranked digital marketing blog SocialMediaExplorer.com, the social media manager for TEDxSanJoseCA, and co-host of the newly launched "SoLoMo Show" podcast discussing the intersection of social, local and mobile marketing.
About the Host CINA:
Chinese Information and Networking Association (CINA) is a non-profit organization founded by IT and Networking professionals in the Silicon Valley. CINA actively holds conferences, monthly seminars, special workshops and events, social gatherings etc. CINA now has around 23,000+ members from many different ethnicities and backgrounds. Find out more at CINA.org