With a troop of Chicago’s most successful and inspirational women, Fitness Personality and “Naked Fitness” Author Andrea Metcalf will unleash the secrets to creating the life of one’s dreams during her Women’s Dream... [read more]
Dream a new life: Andrea Metcalf to help women create their dream lives
With a troop of Chicago’s most successful and inspirational women, Fitness Personality and “Naked Fitness” Author Andrea Metcalf will unleash the secrets to creating the life of one’s dreams during her Women’s Dream Conference at Centered Chef on April 13, 2012. The Women’s Dream Conference is a networking and coaching event designed to offer women a blend of forums and interactive workshops that will cover everything from social media strategies to healthy living.
“This is an event that will change lives,” Metcalf said. “I strongly believe we will inspire women to find the careers they truly want and help them align their goals in the direction of where they want to go.”
Metcalf conceived the vision for the Women’s Dream Conference in 2009, when she realized she needed to shift gears in her career and create a new life. This desire for reinvention led Metcalf to dream up a women’s conference that would inspire business professionals, career seekers, bloggers, and women who needed a rejuvenating jumpstart on recreating their careers and lives. One of her mottos is to love what you do and create it.
“We can all use a little insight these days in getting ahead in business, understanding the impact of social media as well as developing our own personal brands and health,” Metcalf said. “This event will cover topics that will inspire women to do more for them selves.”
Frequently mentored by positive female role models when she was starting out, Metcalf decided she wanted to help other women build a similar network of contacts and mentors.
Metcalf has lined up over twenty powerful speakers for this April’s conference, including Corporate Marketing Strategist Sandra Kumorowski, Social Media Strategist Beth K. Rosen, Sequin’s Director of Brand Development Frances Rank, Director of CoryWest Media, LLC and PR Consultant Barbara Rozgonyi, Orthopedic Surgeon and Performance and Research Initiative for Masters Athletes (PRIMA) Founder Dr. Vonda Wright, NBC 5 Chicago Fitness Coach Saran Dunmore, BeeCloser Founder Monika Dixon, Magazine Editor and Journalist Audarshia Townsend, Emmy-nominated Digital Megaphone Founder and CEO Hope Bertram, Media Personality Jennifer Christenson, and Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment (PAVE) Founder and Activist Angela Rose.
“I never imagined that I would be on NBC, or that I would have my own show, but now I can’t imagine myself doing anything else, Metcalf said. “I want other women to realize that it’s possible for them, too.”
The Centered Chef venue is located at 177 N. Ada Street, Chicago, IL 60607 in the West Loop, just steps away from Oprah’s Chicago studio. The event is scheduled to run from
The Women’s Dream Conference brings all aspects of life together for a blended, revitalizing day in Chicago.
CLIMBING MT. KILAMANJARO & OTHER LADDERS
A celebrity fitness trainer and best selling author, Andrea has taken control of her brand and brought it to the national market place. Andrea has made over 1,000 media appearances including the TODAY Show, GMA Health, fitness expert for Chicago NBC and national Better TV. Her brand reaches to magazines like Shape, Fitness, More as well as national talk radio on the Good Day Show with Doug Stephen. As a web personality with Oprah.com and HuffingtonPost blogs, Andrea brings daily insights on how to live better. Her morning keynote, will give you some insights on overcoming adversity like climbing a mountain, fighting cancer or going through divorce as well as the light at the top of the mountain and why she and you should push to climb higher each day.
9:30am BREAK OUT SESSIONS
9:30am – 10:10am & 10:15am – 11am
(Early registrations will have first selection until all placements are filled)
9:30am - 10:10am FIRST SESSION
A. OWNING IT
Success women share their secrets of starting, branding and running your own business. Panelists will share:
1. Their background on your career and current position.
2. Three tips for someone starting their own business
3. Three things that a business should do every year.
4. Their biggest obstacle in getting to your current position.
B. SHORT ORDER COOKING
Balancing your career, family and health in the kitchen – how to quickly prep the gourmet healthy meals. Ryan Hutmacher of Centered Chef will teach this session.
10:15am – 11am SECOND SESSION
A. ARE YOU SOCIAL?
Who’s who in social media gives you the Must Do’s and Web Don’ts to build your social mediaPanelist will share:
1. Current position and social media integration.
2. Provide three “musts” for the beginner, feet wet and veteran career professional in building your brand on social networks.
3. Provide three Never or Don’ts for the beginner, feet wet and veteran career professional in building your brand on social networks.
4. Offer other creative approaches to getting involved in social media.
B. CUT IT OUT
Cooking tips on how the cut calories witting cutting out the taste. Ryan Hutmacher of Centered Chef will teach this session.
Hope Bertam, Windy City Social
Jennifer Christenson, JMP Global
Sandi McKenna, JMP Global
Beth Rosen, Four Keys Media
MJ Tam, Chicagonista
11:15am - Noon SUCCESS REALITY
If perception is reality, here’s what is hot and not in fashion, health, appearance, poise – Experts share tips on aligning these elements to reflect your brand. Panelists will discuss their views on
1. Does appearance in what you wear, how you present yourself, and if you are in shape have anything to do with moving ahead in a career?
2. Share three simple tips on improving your either: wardrobe, personal confidence, health or personal appearance
3. Share a personal story regarding a business situation when these factors being discussed closed or sealed a business project.
4. Share their thoughts on what woman should have in their purse, closet, checkbook, computer and their website.
Saran Dunmore, NBC Fit Coach, MTV I Used to Be Fat
Kerry Knee, Owner Flirty Girl Fitness
Dr. Stacie McClane, Chicago Plastics Surgery Centers
Frances Renk, Owner Sequin
Erica Strama, Northbridge Mall & Chicago Stylist
12pm - 1pm NETWORK LUNCHEON BOTH LEVELS
Would love social media, health and career experts to lead roundtable discussions during this casual luncheon. Topics to be announced.
1pm - 1:50pm THE PRODUCERS
Experts share how to extend your networks and the new media requirements of growing your business from web to world. Speakers will
1. Discuss their current career position and how they got there
2. How networking has helped their career.
3. Share three networking tips that have worked for them.
4. Share mistakes they have made (or seen others make) in networking for business.
5. Share tips about minding your own business – the checklists and checkbook issues they have faced
Sandra Kumorowski, Columbia College Professor
Barb Rozgonyi, Wired PR Works
MJ Tam, Owner Chicagonista
Audarshia Townsend, Celebrity Dining Expert
Beth Rosen, Four Keys Media
1:50pm - 2pm STRETCH BREAK
2pm - 3pm THE BALANCING ACT
Experts share how they stay balanced in health, business, relationship, and family while being a successful women.
Key points they will discuss:
1. Their current job hours and requirements as well as current health modalities.
2. Share tips on how they “fit” it in: relationships, healthy living, and family.
3. Describe what success means to them.
Mary Amons, DC Housewives
Dr. Vonda Wright, Best Selling Author
Andrea Metcalf, Health Journalist/Producer
Elizabeth Ruske, Tiara Coaching
Monika Dixon, JMP
3pm - 4pm BLOGGING
Social media experts share their secrets of how to really make money on the web. They will discuss
1. Their current position and social media expertise.
2. Share three blogging tips for the beginner, feet wet and veteran career professional in building your brand on social networks.
3. Share three website tips for the beginner, feet wet and veteran career professional in building your brand on social networks.
4. Share one-two tips on improving Search Engine Optimization, getting your blog seen, or other ways to drive site traffic.
5. Share how to “pitch” a sale on the web or in business.
Hope Betram, Windy City Social
Beth Rosen, Four Keys Media
Barb Rozgonyi, Wired PR Works
Sandi McKenna, MidLife Road Trip
4pm - 5pm KEYNOTE
FIT OVER 40 Four Steps to Body, Brains and Bliss
Dr. Vonda Wright
Dr. Vonda Wright, a practicing Orthopedic Surgeon, has gained national prominence as an expert in active aging and dramatically changes the lives of patients and athletes over 40 everyday. Her approach to living vital, active and THRIVE-ing lives is praised by medical experts, fitness gurus and adult onset exercisers alike.
From growing your business to improving your health. Get it all together for an empowered Thriving Life.