A Mermaid Parade afterparty in our new loft & on our cozy roof. Live music & DJs, cheap drinks, ice cream.
- 8pm: Sour Mash Hug Band: veterans of the west coast circus, ragtime, vaudeville, jug punk, and gypsy scenes, these musicians throw their eclectic influences into a thick hobo stew and cook it til it's hot.
- 9pm: Noah and the MegaFauna: a 10-piece stirring amalgamation of dark indie folk, swinging gypsy jazz and big band orchestration threaded together by a series of apocalyptic allegories.
- 10pm: Emperor Norton's Stationary Marching Band combines the rich musical history of the circus and the vagabond peoples of Europe with the raw energy of cacophony and the irreverence and fun of today's Vaudeville.
- 11pm: Hungry March Band: celebrating their 15th anniversary at this party, HMB is the classic Brooklyn-Balkan brass ensemble.
- Later: DJs & dancing, until our mermaid tails fall off.
From Coney Island to Gowanus: B/D/N/Q to Atlantic-Pacific or transfer to R to Union St